Mantis Bugtracker
  

Viewing Issue Simple Details Jump to Notes ] View Advanced ] Issue History ] Print ]
ID Category Severity Reproducibility Date Submitted Last Update
0001962 [Quercus] minor always 08-22-07 08:51 03-24-08 12:18
Reporter bago View Status public  
Assigned To mo
Priority normal Resolution fixed  
Status closed   Product Version
Summary 0001962: Quercus (3.1.2) + Drupal (5.2) = no way to make non US-ASCII chars in form textareas working
Description I tried with every unicode.runtime_encoding, unicode.output_encoding, script-encoding configuration but I'm not able to find a configuration that allow me to edit a simple node content, put there an Euro symbol and other ISO-8859-15 chars (italian letter like тащи) and have it correctly previewed, saved and displayed.

I also tested the same thing on your own drupal deploy: http://forum.caucho.com/index.php?q=node%2f70 [^]
As you can see there are no special chars: furthermore everything I wrote after the italian letters have been lost.
Additional Information
Attached Files

- Relationships

- Notes
(0002218)
bago
08-22-07 09:24

As an additional information I configured my account on this mantis to use the italian language. I see bad chars everywhere the italian words use non US-ASCII chars. (I added this, because I guess that this mantis run under quercus, too)
 
(0002223)
ntherning
08-22-07 23:34

I had some issues with Swedish letters in blog posts. I would actually get an SQLException. Using the following JDBC URL for my DataSource solved that problem:

jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8 [^]
 
(0002224)
bago
08-23-07 01:04

Adding the 2 properties fixes the SQLException in case I use the default utf8 configuration in quercus (no iso-8859-1 conf around).
But, even if it give no more exception it does not correctly save what I place in my textareas. Instead it will store escaped sequences. Unfortunately I cannot paste exactly the result I have because mantis will not accept them (read the chars as ISO-8859-1 ,show them as UTF-8, read it again as ISO-8859-1 and so on.. do this multiple times and you understand what I have as the result)
 
(0002695)
mo
01-01-08 03:46

I just tested with drupal 5.2 with both a mysql and pgsql database
and I am able to reproduce the correct functioning. I setup both with
the UTF-8 encoding. This is on my machine, I still see the problem
on the caucho forum. I will have to check further to verify the
encoding used there and what version of Querucs is in use.
 
(0002881)
mo
03-24-08 12:18

Tested on the forum:

http://forum.caucho.com/?q=node/139#comment-400 [^]

The default connection encoding fix for mysql in 3.1.5
has addressed this issue.
 

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
08-22-07 08:51 bago New Issue
08-22-07 09:24 bago Note Added: 0002218
08-22-07 23:34 ntherning Note Added: 0002223
08-23-07 01:04 bago Note Added: 0002224
11-19-07 20:35 mo Status new => assigned
11-19-07 20:35 mo Assigned To  => mo
01-01-08 03:46 mo Note Added: 0002695
03-24-08 12:18 mo Status assigned => closed
03-24-08 12:18 mo Note Added: 0002881
03-24-08 12:18 mo Resolution open => fixed
03-24-08 12:18 mo Fixed in Version  => 3.1.5


Mantis 1.0.0rc3[^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2005 Mantis Group
38 total queries executed.
31 unique queries executed.
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker