|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||08-07-2020 02:13 PDT|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Docs|
|Viewing Issue Simple Details [ Jump to Notes ]||[ View Advanced ] [ Issue History ] [ Print ]|
|ID||Category||Severity||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003618||[Quercus]||major||always||08-03-09 06:40||03-11-13 18:22|
|Summary||0003618: Character Encoding incompatibility with standard PHP|
The following incompatibility is also present in version 4.0.0:
Attached you find three PHP files, all of which are UTF-8 encoded:
- test4_db.php: Encapsulates database connection credentials (please edit first in order to reflect your correct database connection settings).
- test4_prep.php: Creates a new database and table in preparation to run the actual test. Should be run only once and only from standard PHP to see the results described below.
- test4.php: Runs the actual test. Should be run separately from standard PHP and from Quercus. -> Results are different in both engines - which is the problem.
Standard PHP output:
Effect: Drupal doesn't run properly if you use special characters in (for instance) node titles.
What seems to be happening:
At some stage Quercus seems to assume to be handling ISO-8859-1 strings although:
- The sources are UTF-8.
- The database tables are UTF-8.
- In test4_db.php we explicitely instructed the DB connection to use UTF-8.
Nobody ever gives any sign there could be ISO strings, yet Quercus somewhere seems to handle them as such.
In Resin 3.2 I would've tried to change the database driver settings now. However, in Resin 4.0.0 Quercus is pre-configured (which is a great thing), and I would like to keep it this way. I think the default behaviour should be that Quercus is 100% compatible with PHP just "as is" without any special configuration. (You even claim that on your website.)
I hope I didn't miss anything on that issue. I checked the wikis and manuals for setting up Drupal as well as database configuration, previous error resports etc.
(I only found this:
It doesn't help though, since there is no manual Quercus Servlet configuration any more.)
|Attached Files||quercus_charencoding_incompatibility.zip [^] (1,049 bytes) 08-03-09 06:40|
BTW: There is a function called 'mysql_set_charset' since PHP 5.2.3. (See http://de2.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-set-charset.php) [^]
However Quercus doesn't implement it yet.
And even if it worked I'd only consider it a workaround because Drupal is still using the old "SET NAMES ..." strategy.
|This seems to be related to http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3413 [^]|
"Quercus, as a java program support UTF-8 nativelly", but ...
so many years quercus can't work with UTF-8 data as PHP do :))))
The MySQL encoding problem is fixed:
|08-03-09 06:40||tlandmann||New Issue|
|08-03-09 06:40||tlandmann||File Added: quercus_charencoding_incompatibility.zip|
|08-03-09 06:49||tlandmann||Note Added: 0004111|
|08-06-09 06:58||dl||Note Added: 0004116|
|05-11-11 15:36||dicr||Issue Monitored: dicr|
|05-11-11 15:37||dicr||Note Added: 0005241|
|03-11-13 16:51||nam||Status||new => assigned|
|03-11-13 16:51||nam||Assigned To||=> nam|
|03-11-13 18:22||nam||Status||assigned => closed|
|03-11-13 18:22||nam||Note Added: 0006215|
|03-11-13 18:22||nam||Resolution||open => fixed|
|03-11-13 18:22||nam||Fixed in Version||=> 4.0.36|
| Mantis 1.0.0rc3[^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2005 Mantis Group
40 total queries executed.|
32 unique queries executed.